- 1kg Bostocks organic chicken thighs
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 150ml chicken stock
- 6-8 cloves of garlic, crushed
- Juice of 1 small lemon
- ¼ cup chopped parsley or coriander leaves
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 2 Tbsp melted butter or olive oil
- 1 Tbsp dried parsley
- 1 Tbsp dried onion flakes
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- Fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC.
- Add all the marinade ingredients into a glass jar. Place the lid on and shake to combine.
- If your oven doesn’t run hot, we recommend frying the chicken thighs in a bit of olive oil or butter for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until they have some colour on them. However, if your oven roasts meats and veggies well, you can skip this step.
- Add the chicken to an ovenproof dish and cover with the marinade mixture. Mix to combine evenly.
- Use a pastry brush and add a bit of olive oil on the tops of the chicken thighs.
- Place into the oven for 15 minutes depending on the size of the chicken thighs. Check if the chicken is cooked. The chicken must reach an internal temperature of 74ºC.
- Once the top is crispy and the chicken thighs are cooked, remove from the oven.
- Garnish with fresh parsley or coriander, lemon slices and a sprinkle of salt to taste.
- Serve over rice with grilled, roasted or steamed veggies along with the pan juices. Or serve with a simple green salad if you want something lighter
Recipe thanks to Jordan Pie